Can you hear it... it's just right around the corner... and what is it... well duh, it's the ice cream truck. Living in the country for so long, made me realize all the things you miss out on by not living in the city. Now don't get me wrong, I LOVE the country and I am ready to move back but it is so cute to peep out the window and see the neighborhood kids sitting on the curb waiting for the ice cream truck to roll by. Those are some summer memories.
If you are looking for a cute way to spruce up a upcoming summer party, try creating this cute pop sickle invitation, thanks to Martha Stewart. Read below on how to create this do it your self project.
No-Melt Pop Invitations How-To
1. Print the clip art onto a sheet of vellum. spray adhesive on a blank sheet of vellum, and adhere it to reverse side of printed sheet.
2. Rip 2 strips of pale-pink glassine (to cover the top third of each pop shape), and 1 strip of dark-pink glassine roughly twice as wide; arrange them as shown. Secure the strips to vellum with spray adhesive.
3. Write in party information. Cut out pops.
4. Sandwich sticks between cut-outs, and glue together with glue stick. Repeat for more invitations.
5. Print clip art for the "sprinkle" envelope labels on self-adhesive paper; write in addresses, and affix to glassine envelopes.